What experiences in your life have reminded you that time moves quickly? How have those experiences affected the way you value your time?
When I go somewhere for a vacation, I am reminded of how fast time can pass by. One day you're suddenly enjoying the beaches or visiting family the next your in the car leaving for the airport. It is as if you blink and time suddenly passes. So I try to ground myself and make myself live in the moment, because it will all become a memory sooner or later. It really makes me value how my life is right now knowing how uncertain the future can be.
Today we analyzed a poem "Because I could Not Stop for Death" Emily Dickinson as a class talking about death and the passing of moments. We drew and filled in some sheets with quotes that follow the theme.
Reflection: Overall I really love this poem because of the idea of death nor really being a scary grim reaper, instead it is a carriage in which you ride on. Watching your past memories giving you a sense of bitter sweetness. Overall a unique and great poem.
Comments
Post a Comment