Prompt: In “Heart, We Will Forget Him!” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker shows a conflict between what we think and what we feel. Describe a time when your heart and your mind seemed to want two different things. Which one did you listen to, and why?
One time I felt a conflict between my mind and my heart was when I wanted to stay back in Mexico with my grandparents but we all knew it was better for me to live in the United States. It was a fight between staying with everything I knew and with my family or to have better opportunities out in the US. We all knew, the choice was already made. Fortunately, I still keep contact with my family so it wasn't a really big deal.
Summary: In the poem Heart we will forget him it talks about the duality of the mind and the heart. How the mind drives us to make more analytical conclusions while or heart yearns for what it wants. It is this constant fight that makes them so hard to get over someone either romantically or Platonic.
Reflection: Today we went over healthy ways of getting over someone and I was shocked to hear that just cutting contact is an unhealthy way. It doesn't make sense for me because it is the best conclusion for both.
Comments
Post a Comment