Prompt: Write about a fear you have overcome.

 One fear I've overcome is my fear of the ocean. Since I was little I've always been scared of the ocean, because you never know what's in there with you. It could be giant whales, sharks, or some scary fish down there with you and the worst part is there is nowhere to run. They have field advantage so you're basically at their mercy. I've overcome this by boating in lakes and fishing at sea, yet I still have an uneasy feeling when I have to swim. Playing video games like Subnautica has also helped me overcome my fear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Prompt: In “Heart, We Will Forget Him!” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker shows a conflict between what we think and what we feel. Describe a time when your heart and your mind seemed to want two different things. Which one did you listen to, and why?