Prompt: In “Her Sweet Weight on My Heart a Night” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker describes the emotional weight another person can have on us. Think about someone who has left a lasting impact on your life. In what ways do you still carry that person with you?
"Her sweet weight on my heart a night" talks about the weight of people In our lives. A person who has really made a positive impact in my life are all my friends, they make school and life so much enjoyable and overall a great time. They always make me feel wanted and give me a sense of belonging. I am really thankful to be in their presence and for all of the memories I've made with them. They have really made a positive impact on my life.
Summary: Today we read through a poem on common lit and answered a couple of questions online. We also were given an assignment of completing the heart and the duality of heart /mind.
Reflection: I didn't really like this poem, it just didn't hit me the same as the first two we read. Mostly because I couldn't connect with it.
Comments
Post a Comment