Prompt: In Emily Dickinson’s “I Felt a Funeral, in My Brain,” the speaker experiences a mind that seems to work against her. Sometimes our own thoughts can make a situation feel worse than it actually is. Describe a time when overthinking, worrying, or doubting yourself affected the way you handled a situation. What did you learn from the experience?
My mind has worked against me several times, from thinking I'm not good enough at something or always thinking about the worst possible scenarios. One example of this was when I believed I wasn't good enough to perform and play my instrument in a stage, but we all have to overcome our fears someday. Public speaking isnt my strongest skill but doubting myself never helped in any way to overcome it. So I learned that sometimes don't listen to your mind and worrying never helps for anything.
Summary: today we analyzed emily dickinson poem "I felt a funeral, in my brain" which talked about losing your sanity and the death of you mental well-being.
Reflection: I like Emily Dickinson's way of expressing certain emotions. Overall after reading this poem I'm starting to love her work.
Comments
Post a Comment